Friday 19 March 2010

A Thursday Night of Great Music

I've been missing live music the last couple months. Having just moved out to NYC, I haven't really known where to go, but after a little word of mouth research I headed to the the National Underground on the Lower East, owned by Joey and Gavin Degraw.

I had only meant to stay a little while to check it out, but Julia Haltigan The Hooligans killed it. Julia was in full sultry character through every song, selling every note not to mention every drink in the bar.

Later I headed over to Ella to catch a set by Ford model/DJ Cassie Stevens. The XX, Gossip, Heavy Cross, great dance music and nothing boring, plus such a sweetheart. Would definitely go see her again. Made her promise to make the mix for my next photo shoot ...If she has time between shooting Carolina Herrera and DJing every night.




No comments:

Post a Comment